Local bounty. Delivered directly to you.
Genuine Wallowa County, the online gift shop showcasing the work of local craftspeople, has expanded! GWC Provisions delivers local meat, produce, and other items from Wallowa County, plus a few extra treats from the rest of the state.
Order from the comfort and safety of your home, and join us in supporting local producers and strengthening our community! Fill your pantry with groceries you feel good about. $1 from every order goes to the Community Connection food pantries in Wallowa and Enterprise!
How Does GWC Provisions Work?
- Decide whether you'd like to be a Member or a Guest (see next section)
- Visit This Week's Products to see what is available; check weekly for new items
- Order from Friday morning (8:30 a.m. for members and 9 a.m. for guests) until Monday at 3 p.m.
- Get your food delivered to your home or workplace!
- Joseph area (includes Alder Slope) -- Wednesday
- Enterprise/Lower Valley -- Thursday
- Head of lake/lodging -- Friday
- All deliveries occur in the afternoon, starting at approximately 2 p.m.
- Delivery area is within 5 miles of Hwy. 82, capped at Wallowa.
Member or Guest?
You do not need to be a member to shop! But Membership brings some advantages:
GWC Provisions membership is $39 per month, and affords you:
- Free home/workplace delivery
- Early access to the weekly product list
- One insulated tote bag every six months
- Lower order minimum ($50 instead of $75)
- Bonus treat in every order
- 15% off all gift box orders on GWC website
Become a member by visiting the Genuine Wallowa County membership sign-up; your information will be transferred to a customer account on the Provisions site.
Anyone may order with no membership by Registering as a Guest. Guests have a $75 minimum order and pay a $10 delivery fee.
If you a visitor to the county, please enter your home address in the login and your lodging address in the special instructions, or email us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to order every week? No; just order when you want to.
What's in the weekly box? There is no weekly box -- You order what you want, when you want, using the This Week's Products menu.
Why is there an order minimum and delivery fee? To make the business viable.
Does the Membership fee go toward my food purchase? No. There are two aspects of Provisions:
- Buying the food
- Getting the food
Membership mostly has to do with the latter. If you buy food as a Guest, there is a $10 delivery fee. If you are a Member, you enjoy free delivery as well as the other perks listed above.
I love the idea, but I don't think I can afford it. Try these MONEY-SAVING OPTIONS
- Share an order. Create a collective order with a friend, and split the delivery or membership cost. You divvy it up on your own.
- Become a drop-site! If at least two friends join you in placing separate orders, and all three (or more) orders are delivered to your house/workplace, all of you will enjoy free delivery! Please let us know your plans, including who is participating in your site.
- Order infrequently. Remember: You are never required to order, so one savings strategy is to place a larger order once a month, rather than weekly smaller orders. Whatever works best for you.
Can I use a credit card? Yes! Once you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation. Then, you will receive an emailed invoice on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. The invoice has a link to PayPal, where you can pay with a credit or debit card (you do not need to have an account with PayPal). You may also pay with Buckskin Bucks, or provide a check upon delivery of your order.
Do you have gift certificates? Yes! Just contact us.
Whose products do you carry? Check out our list of great local producers here.
Why are there products from outside Wallowa County? We source from Wallowa County first; if we can't find it here we look as close as possible. Also, some things just aren't possible to grow/make here (such as the seafood), so we enhance the menu with some additional Pacific Northwest treats!
I want to order, but I live outside your delivery area. Do you have a friend who lives inside our range? Talk them into becoming a GWC Provisions drop-site!
Other questions? Email Kristy at provisions @ genuinewallowacounty.com (no spaces)
We are working on being able to accept SNAP, and offer free delivery to anyone with a medical quarantine order.
Thanks to these folks for helping GWC Provisions get off the ground!
- Robin & David Martin
- Mellie Pullman
- Katy Nesbitt
- Eastern Oregon Workforce Board
- Slow Food Wallowas
- Main St. Motors
GWC values diversity and inclusivity of all kinds, including age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Wallowa County is the ancestral homeland of the Joseph Band of Nez Perce. Learn more about Genuine Wallowa County on our gift shop site and learn more about GWC Provisions in this article in the Capital Press and the La Grande Observer